Greetings, rockers, and welcome to Week 2. We've got a strong line up of frontmen and frontwomen to get through over the next five days, so let's kick things off with some Scottish flair, because rocking in at #n90 is William "Dan" McCafferty, the lead singer of the hard rock band, Nazareth.
McCafferty is a popular Dunfermline artist who could easily straddle the categories for great frontman or great singer. Enduring is a word used far too much to describe bands who can still tour after 30 odd years, but there is a reason bands like Nazareth are enduring, and it is because they were pretty damn good at what they did, and Dan could still rock out with the same intensity as he did over three decades ago!
They may not be anywhere near as popular as the Zeppelins of this world, but Nazareth do tend to have a decent following in this group, and so it's no big surprise to see McCafferty making our top 100.
He also commands much respect from many of his peers --- Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose recently responded to an unscientific, albeit virally popular, list of "The World's Greatest Singers," which placed him at the top spot. Rose said he found the recognition flattering and humbling, according to Spin, though he wouldn't top his own list of the greatest singers.
"If I had to say who I thought the best singers were, I'd say first that I don't know there's a definitive answer as in my opinion it's subjective, and second that my focus is primarily rock singers," Rose told Spin. "That said, I enjoy Dan McCafferty, and a ton of others (predominantly Seventies rock singers) and would rather hear any of them anytime rather than me!"
So, there you have it, folks, if he's good enough for Axl then he's definitely good enough for our list
;)
I'll be back later with our next entry, so be sure to tune in!
No comments:
Post a Comment